Healthcare is a vast field of services that needs a synchronized system. As such, the current health care system came up with an innovative way of addressing all of the patients concerns in one setting: medical hub services.
A medical hub is a kind of healthcare service that aims to simplify the process of procuring medications for patients who already have complex medication therapies to begin with.
To better understand the role that hub services provider play, check out some of their functions here.
- Provide support to patients
A major reason why patients fall out of their medication therapies is lack of support system. As such, medical hubs aim to address this concern and ensure that:
- Patient complies with medical therapy and
- Patient does not abandon medication therapy
To achieve those, medical hubs provides means to make the process easier, like:
- Web portals
- Integration with social media
- Home visits by nurses and other professional personnel to teach patients all about their drug therapy
- Liaise between patient and insurance companies.
This is the main reason why medical hubs were created back in the 1990s.
They serve to make the lives of patients easier by doing the following:
- Investigation of benefits
- Review formulary requirements
- Check out co-pay assistance availability
- Check prior authorizations and requirements
Whatever problems they encounter along the way, they do their best to resolve it.
- Documents storage
Since keeping medical files at home is quite unsafe, at the same time cumbersome on the patient’s part, medical hubs can serve as a safe storage of your medical files. These files are then used for compliance to insurance companies for reimbursement purposes.
- Medication distribution
Specialty medications often have strict protocols in regards to its transport. Medical hubs serve to address this problem by proper storage and handling of the medications before distributing to the concerned patients.
For more information on these, you can always your hub provider for a detailed explanation of what they do.